We Will Put You In A Better Place
Richard Reade brings 20 years of experience as a litigator and trial lawyer to the Reade Law Firm, PC, where he now handles litigation and mediation related to Family Law. Richard has successfully represented individuals in complex litigation including medical malpractice, police misconduct, traumatic personal injury, as well as family law. Richard’s practice now focuses on helping people through family transitions in the court setting or mediation, including divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support or alimony, complex property division, and business and property valuations.
Originally from Massachusetts, Richard attended Boston College obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature before moving to California to attend Pepperdine University School of Law, where he focused on litigation and trial practice, including Advanced Family Law. Richard received his Juris Doctorate degree in 2000 and began practicing in Los Angeles and Orange County, starting his own solo practice there. Richard handled a broad array of legal matters, including family law, gaining substantial experience in all aspects of litigation. Richard was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 2009, where he has focused his practice on all aspects of family law matters.
Richard focuses his practice exclusively to issues relating to Family and Divorce Law, including custody and parenting plans, child support and alimony, property division issues including high asset divorces, prenuptial agreements and restraining orders. Richard is a Certified Mediator and is referred matters for mediation both privately and from the court. Outside of work, Richard is a drummer and coaches youth soccer and lacrosse.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child support
- Complex Property Division
- Business and Property Valuations
- Massachusetts, 2008
- California, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2008
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 2000
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association (ECBA), Member, 2008 to Present
- Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College (TLC), Member