Select Page

Protective Orders Against Domestic Violence

If you are a victim of domestic violence, your safety is our primary concern. Contact Reade Law Firm, PC, for help obtaining a restraining order against your abuser. We can also help connect you to community resources that can provide further support.

We are experienced in the procedural and evidentiary issues necessary to help domestic violence victims obtain restraining orders, and to defend those accused of domestic abuse. We have successfully handled cases on both sides of these sensitive issues, which helps us build the strongest possible case for our clients.

We Can Help Find Legal Protection For You And Your Children

There are two main types of restraining orders in Massachusetts: abuse prevention orders and harassment prevention orders. At Reade Law Firm, PC, we focus on helping clients obtain an abuse prevention order, also known as 209A order, which is a court order that provides protection from physical or sexual harm caused by force or threat of harm from a family or household member.

Protective orders against domestic violence can also include children who have been abused or have seen or heard the abuse between their parents. In cases of abuse, you may also need to modify your existing child custody or support arrangements. We can help guide you through all legal protections available to you and your children.

Defending The Accused

If you have been accused of domestic abuse during divorce or a child custody dispute, we can defend your interests. For example, some people may allege abuse and try to obtain a restraining order in an effort to enhance their position in a divorce case.

When there is already a restraining order in place against you, we will help you understand the precise terms of the order so you do not violate it. We can also seek to amend existing orders so you may visit your children.

Get The Help You Need

Contact our experienced attorney to learn more about your options. For a free lawyer consultation, call our Peabody office at 978-767-4667 or send us a message through our secure online form.